Online browsing is continuing to grow in the EU. Higher avenue searching impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions and modifications in behavior and choices experienced outcomes on e-commerce.
In the 12 months prior to the 2021 survey, 90% of folks aged 16 to 74 in the EU had employed the world-wide-web, 74% of whom experienced bought or purchased products or solutions for personal use. On the internet searching elevated by 1 share level (pp) in comparison with 2020 (73% of world wide web customers) and by 11 pp in contrast with 2016 (63%).
The best shares of net consumers who acquired or purchased merchandise or solutions above the net in the 12 months prior to the study have been recorded in the Netherlands (94%), Denmark (92%) and Sweden (89%). On the other hand, much less than 50% experienced shopped on the web in Romania (44%) and Bulgaria (42%).
Source datasets: isoc_ec_ib20 and isoc_ec_ibuy
Over the final five several years, the premier will increase in on the net searching among internet end users have been recorded in Czechia (+27 pp), Slovenia, Hungary and Romania (all +26 pp), as effectively as Croatia and Lithuania (the two +25 pp).
Clothing, shoes and add-ons: most frequent on the net order
In the 3 months prior to the study, the most typical online buys of goods have been outfits (which includes activity garments), footwear or add-ons (ordered by 68% of on line shoppers). Wearables have been followed by deliveries from eating places, speedy-meals chains and catering companies (31%), home furnishings, home components or gardening products and solutions (29%), cosmetics, splendor or wellness merchandise (27%), followed by printed guides, publications or newspapers (25%), sports activities merchandise (excluding activity clothing) (24%), computer systems, tablets, mobile telephones or their add-ons (23%) and children’s toys or childcare things (20%).
Source dataset: isoc_ec_ibgs
For more info:
- Italy: 2021 info not out there. As a result, the EU aggregates have been estimated. Germany, Ireland and Luxembourg: split in time series. Iceland and Switzerland: 2016 details not obtainable.
- Details in the database are organised according to the study year the final results earlier mentioned for net use and e-searching refer to individuals’ actions through the final 12 months prior to the survey. Info on the distinct online items purchases go over the previous 3 months prior to the study.
- The data in this article are primarily based on the annual survey on use of ICT in homes and by men and women.
- Eurostat Data Discussed article on E-commerce data for people today
- Eurostat overview on digital financial system and culture
- Eurostat databases on digital financial state and culture
To get hold of us, make sure you pay a visit to our Consumer Assist site.
For push queries, be sure to get hold of our Media Aid.